This small Romanesque chapel has a single nave, a central aisle, and is crowned by a small, delicate bell tower.
It was built at the request of the parishioners of La Rouine in 1647 and is called The Visitation of Our Lady.
Restored in the second half of the 20th century by the inhabitants of the hamlet, it is decorated with contemporary stained glass windows by Albert Chabot de Marcoux. In 1976, he created the half rose over the entrance and the stained glass window of the main opening, combining bright colours and Christian symbolism.
The hamlet of La Rouine and its surrounding areas had up to 44 inhabitants in 1846.
In 1944, when the Resistance Base at the Laval Farm, near Lambruisse in the high valleys of l'Asse, was attacked by the Germans, who left only two survivors, it was here that one of them took refuge. The young Del Vicario, wounded, managed to reach the mountain pass Col de la Cine in the middle of the night and to reach La Rouine where he was treated and healed.