Three churches have been built in the area of Nibles over the centuries.
The first, in Le Plan, documented in the 11th century, was affiliated with the Abbey of Saint Victor of Marseille.
The second replaced it, near the castle, on the rock at the entrance to the Sasse gorges, when, around the 12th century, the local population grouped and settled on perched terrain.
At the beginning of the 18th century, the old castle church on the rock was in poor condition and inconvenient. The inhabitants decided to build a third church, which was completed in 1717.
The Church of Nibles contains several religious artefacts classified as historically important. First of all, the altarpiece of the high-altar, made of wood without gilding, is remarkable both for its size and its quality. The 17th century tabernacle is made of painted and gilded wood. A large crucifix from the end of the 18th century in silver-plated copper. A statue of Saint Joseph holding a lily in his left hand. A painting representing the Holy Family with Saint John the Baptist, which reminds us that the inhabitants used the ruins of a previous chapel dedicated to him to build their church.