Apart from the castle cistern and the natural water-springs in the various bastides away from the village, the supply of water to the village has long been a problem.
The oldest known fountain is that of Les Vésians, which was 800m from the village and 120m below. Work was regularly carried out on it until about 1721 when it dried up. It was then replaced by the arched fountain of Arénier which the community maintained regularly throughout the 18th and 19th centuries. It is pleasantly shaded by a lime tree planted there in 1890.
However, its location, some 300m from the village, led the inhabitants to look for a new supply 200 years after it was put into service.
Around 1920, a vein of water was sought that could flow naturally to the village, and was therefore located a little higher than it.
A geologist, as well as a "dowser" (or water-diviner), Wilfried Kilian, from the University of Grenoble discovered one.
A 60m long shaft-passage was dug to 15m below the surface. The work lasted 4 months, with concrete being poured as it progressed. The work was completed in 1925. A slightly sloping pipe, buried under the road, brought the water to the washhouse which was inaugurated in 1928.
Since 1966, the houses have been supplied by a pumping system drawing water from the Cougourdane natural water-spring.