The Parish Church of Bayons is an exceptional building, somewhat typical of Romanesque art in Haute-Provence as well as some Gothic influences. The single nave, vaulted with a divided barrel vault, runs almost without a transept to the quire with a flat chevet with three rib-vaulted bays.
The church probably dates back to the 13th century and its dimensions bear witness to the importance of the community of Bayons at that time (the largest in the Sisteron administrative district).
The following centuries saw the decline of the community and the church suffered from lack of maintenance; it was classified as a historic monument in 1891.
Gothic influences can be seen in the portal, the quire vault and the bell tower.
The interior features: the beautiful altarpiece known as the Adoration of the 3 Kings; the carved pulpit; a Virgin and Child; the gilded high-alter; paintings depicting Saint Blaise (Saint Blaze) and the Assumption.